Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Beginning of my paperless life

Over the past several months I have been trying to become as paperless as possible. I have been successful in many ways, but have also struggled in certain others. So I figured I would start documenting my experiences (where else, but online) so that others may benefit from it as well.

Main objectives (in decreasing order of priority):

  1. Improved efficiency (Time saved by not having to search for old documents is just one example)
  2. Reduced clutter (Imagine all the mail that piles up in your mailbox daily!)
  3. Improved environment (less paper!)
Main tools currently being used:

Hardware:
  1. IBM T42P laptop, with appropriate internet access
  2. Unknown brand shredder (8 pages max)
  3. HP 2400 scanner
  4. 80 GB Firelite backup
Software/Online services:
    1. Acrobat professional
    2. Microsoft Money
    3. TurboTax
    4. MS Office

No comments: